About the EAU
The European Association of Urology (EAU) represents the leading authority within Europe on urological practice, research, and education. Over 18,000 medical professionals have joined its ranks and contributed to our mission: To raise the level of urological care within and outside Europe.
Aims and Objectives
- To foster the highest standards of urological care throughout Europe
- To act as the representative body for European urologists and facilitate the continued development of urology and all its supraspecialties
- To encourage urological research and enable the broadcasting of its results
- To promote contributions to the medical and scientific literature by its members
- To promote European urological achievements worldwide
- To establish European standards for training and urological practice
- To contribute to the determination of European urological health care policies
- To disseminate high quality urological information to patients and public
The EAU achieves its aims and implements its objectives through its core activities such as:
- EAU Guidelines
The EAU Guidelines are the most-read clinical guidelines in urology. These assist clinicians in decision making, taking the highest quality scientific data, their patient’s personal circumstances, values, and preferences into account.
- EAU Meetings and Congresses
The EAU organises some of Europe’s highly acclaimed scientific urological congresses and meetings. The Annual EAU Congress alone attracts more than 10,000 participants each year! For more info, please click here.
The EAU provides excellent education and training for medical professionals at any stage of their urological careers. From online education, Hands-on Training courses, live workshops and meetings to financially supporting ambitious urologists and researchers with our scholarship programmes.
- Research at the EAU
The EAU Research Foundation (EAU RF) is Europe’s largest channel of urology science and research. Most of EAU’s activities revolve around science: its advancement, distribution, and translation into clinical practice.
- Official EAU Journals
The EAU provides the most important scientific research through its scientific journals European Urology, European Urology Focus (EU Focus), European Urology Oncology (EU Oncology), and European Urology Open Science.
One of the most widely-cited medical journals in the world, European Urology has been the EAU’s official journal for over 35 years. The journal is also a prestigious urological forum read by more than 20,000 urologists across the globe. EU Focus, EU Oncology, and European Urology Open Science are three sister journals to European Urology.
The EAU brings together the voices of medical professionals, researchers, innovators and patients on a European platform to keep urological topics high on the public agenda. For more info, click here.
Please visit the official EAU website for more information.